CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Wichelstowe Dental Care
As we learn to live with Covid-19, and many government regulations have changed we want you to know what these changes mean to dentistry.
As a healthcare setting there will be very little change to our standard operating procedures from April 2022. Face coverings and social distancing measures will remain in place so that the most vulnerable people can continue to safely attend our practice for advice, care and treatment. We hope all our patients will continue to play their part when attending their appointment to help protect our staff and other patients, particularly those who may be more vulnerable to infections.
- If you call to make an appointment, you will be asked some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again the day before when we confirm you appointment and at your appointment
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer when you arrive
- You will still be asked to stay in your car or outside until we contact you to say we are ready. We use a one way system and limit the number of patients in our waiting room at anytime. If you are waiting outside please dress appropriately for the weather. Please do not arrive early for appointments. If you do not come by car but have a disability that prevents you standing outside please let the team know when you are booking your appointment and special arrangements will be made.
- You will also notice that the dental team are still wearing masks. This is for your protection and ours. We are still smiling under our masks!
- You may find our surgeries cold because we have an air exchange system built in to the practice. This is why you don't see windows open with hose pipes dangling out them in our practice. We also get hot under our PPE. Therefore do put extra layers of clothing on.
- Cross-infection procedures have always been good but for your information the surgery and reception desk is wiped down between patients.
- We monitor all the teams health and staff still carry out rapid flow tests twice weekly.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and persons in need, patients should come alone
- We ask that face coverings are still worn except while having dental treatment.
- If you do have access to a lateral flow test kit please test before your dental appointment and cancel your appointment if you test positive.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone and discuss with the receptionist.
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. You should wait outside the practice unless a different arrangement at the time of booking the appointment have been made. We wont let you in to the practice early because it is raining or cold so please dress appropriately.
- For patients with disabilities special arrangements can be made but these need to be made at the time of booking your appointment.
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
Wichelstowe dental care will be doing all they can to ensure you receive the treatment you require in the safest way and still with our friendly service.
If you do have a dental emergency or would like any dental advice then please contact us and leave a message on our answer phone and a dentist will get back to you during normal working hours.
We are looking forward to seeing you all and thank you for your patience during this challenging time