CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Wichelstowe Dental Care
Following the announcement that Swindon is now tier 4 we want to reassure patients that we are permitted to stay open and we are seeing patients as usual. If you already have an appointment then please keep this and if you would like one please contact the practice. We have put in extra measures to keep our patients and staff safe and would like to tell you about them.
What we do
- If you call to make an appointment, you will be asked some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again the day before when we confirm you appointment and at your appointment
- You will have your temperature taken and be asked to use hand sanitizer when you arrive
- You will be asked to stay in your car or outside until we contact you to say we are ready. We use a one way system and no longer allow patients to wait in our waiting room. This ensures you do not come in contact with any other patient
- You will also notice that the dental team may be wearing different protective equipment to what you are used to seeing. This is for your protection and ours. We are still smiling under our masks!
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- You may find our surgeries cold because we have an air exchange system built in to the practice. This is why you don't see windows open with hose pipes dangling out them in our practice. We also get hot under our PPE. Therefore do put extra layers of clothing on.
- Cross-infection procedures have always been good but for your information the surgery and reception desk is wiped down between patients.
- We monitor all the teams health by doing temperature checks daily and once the kits arrive will be swabbing twice weekly ourselves.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and persons in need, patients should come alone
- We ask that face coverings are worn except while having dental treatment.
- If you show symptoms or are requested to isolate by tracking and tracing following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. You should wait outside the practice unless a different arrangement at the time of booking the appointment have been made. We wont let you in to the practice early because it is raining or cold so please dress appropriately.
- For patients with disabilities special arrangements can be made but these need to be made at the time of booking your appointment.
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- Please do not book an appointment within three weeks of travelling out of the UK or testing positive with Covid. If you have a dental emergency discuss this with the receptionist.
Wichelstowe dental care will be doing all they can to ensure you receive the treatment you require in the safest way and still with our friendly service.
If you do have a dental emergency or would like any dental advice then please contact us and leave a message on our answer phone and a dentist will get back to you during normal working hours.
We are looking forward to seeing you all and thank you for your patience during this challenging time