CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Wichelstowe Dental Care
Following the announcement that dental practices could re-open on the 8th June we are now back working. We have put in extra measures to keep our patients and staff safe.
It is likely be some time before dental services return to what you previously experienced as normal. We no longer use our waiting room and some types of dental treatment is either limited or not available.
What will dental appointments be like?
- If you call to make an appointment, you will be asked some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again the day before when we confirm you appointment and at your appointment
- You will have your temperature taken and be asked to use hand sanitiser or to wash your hands when you arrive
- You will be asked to stay in your car if possible until we contact you to say we are ready
- You will also notice that the dental team may be wearing different protective equipment to what you are used to seeing We are still smiling under our masks!
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
How you can help:
- With the exception of children and persons in need, patients should come alone
- A distance of at least two metres mush be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. You should wait outside the practice unless a different arrangement at the time of booking the appointment have been made
- Please do not arrive without an appointment
- Please do not book an appointment within three weeks of travelling out of the Uk.
Wichelstowe dental care will be doing all they can to ensure you receive the treatment you require in the safest way and still with our friendly service.
If you do have a dental emergency or would like any dental advice then please contact us and leave a message on our answer phone and a dentist will get back to you during normal working hours.
We are looking forward to seeing you all and thank you for your patience during lock-down.